Sunday, May 16, 2010

You're a rainbow in the dark

I know I haven't updated this in a while, and I am sorry. I've been busy for a bit and just haven't been in the right frame of mind. I've been cooking something up though. Thinking about some stuff that I will write down, hopefully sooner rather than later. At the moment, however, I just wanted to write a quick post before I have to get back to math camp shenanigans!

Ronnie James Dio has died. The beloved metal god who brought a generation the devil horns is no more. I don't really know what to say. I mean ... he was Dio. Only the coolest of people can be commonly referred to by their last name. In an age of 70's love ballads and disco, of new wave and grunge, of pop punk and boy bands, Dio never changed. He was that rock that remained strong against the battering waters of time. Whenever life got complicated and things just weren't going right, I could turn to Dio, and see a man who was at once so ridicuolous while also being one of the coolest of men. His music inspired me ... to do what I'm not entirely sure. But I was always better after I listened to Rainbow in the Dark or Holy Diver.

Ronnie James Dio ... you were a champion among men. May you find peace and rest in a metal bar in Valhalla! And may the halls of Valhalla never again be without your thunderous voice. We here will continue on without you and will always remember you and what you did for us. And perhaps your legacy will inspire a new generation to seek out rock godery!

No comments:

Post a Comment